Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

MFA, Cookies, and Hats....

... OH My!

It's very rare that I have a weekend day off and even rarer than that is when I have the same day off as some friends, but alas me and a couple others were lucky enough to get last Saturday off work. So we planned an impromptu trip out to Boston to visit the MFA (Museum of Fine Arts). I love this museum we were there for a good five hours and still weren't able to cover everything.
I hope babies weren't really this ugly.
These geese stopped traffic.
My favorite exhibits were the Buddha room where there are four (or five) life size Buddha statues. It's a very peaceful and quite room.
Also The Clock, an ode to time and cinema, by Christian Marclay was amazing and I don't want to imagine all the time and effort it took for him to make this movie.
I'll never be to old for a penis joke.

We didn't read what the exhibit actually was before going into the room to look at the film, so as we were sitting there watching the time slowly change through all of the clips I look at my phone and it was the same time as in the film. Honestly I was a little creeped out before I realized it was supposed to be like that.
I love the inside detail of these guitars.


After the MFA we went over to Feneuil Hall for some cookies and smoothie, both were delicious. And took a tiny look through Urban Outfitters, because it was right there, where I found a lovely hat that I will be wearing forever.





This hand blown glass plant...
... is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment