Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

MISTI-con: We Brought the Wands, They Brought the Magic

This post is long over due, but in toward the middle of last month I had the great pleasure of attending MISTI-con a Harry Potter fan convention.

I've attended conventions before but never a HP one. Looking at the website and all the things that were going to be happening it just seemed like such a great time and with it being held so close to home I couldn't resist. I had no idea what I was getting into but it was so much more than I could have ever expected; the experiance of a life time. I've always been a big fan of HP and have no idea why it took me so long to get involved in this community.

The four days of the Con were filled with fun excitement and just magic! I met some of the most accepting and friendly people ever. . The entire hotel was converted into a no muggle zone. Just looking around one could see all of the thought that went into every aspect of this con, you couldn't turn a corner without seeing the influence of the HP world

During the Masqurade the tent got a bit hot so I took a short walk to beach and as I lounged on a beach chair staring up at the clear night sky, music from the crowded tent on the hill above, I realized that I had to go home the next day and I've never had a greater feeling of not wanting to do something in my life. I never wanted to leave.


I can now proudly say that I'm part of the new generation of Hogwarts professors... oh if only.

It was surreal, it was amazing, it was an experience I would love to live over and over and I cannot wait for MISTI 2015.

Here's some of my favorite photos:














No comments:

Post a Comment